Today’s word card was heading. On your Vocabulary Word Cards worksheet, you’ll need to fill out the syllable breaks, definition, part of speech, and sentence portion of your word card, but you are welcome to copy today’s drawing from one of your classmates’ worksheets.
Everyone finished the final exam today, over Treasure Island. It takes two days to complete this final, because it’s an essay exam. Your classmates turned in the following items today:
- A T-chart or Venn diagram, pre-writing for their assigned compare/contrast essay topic (everyone has a different topic)
- A first draft of a five-paragraph essay on the assigned topic (include at least 10 detailed facts from the book)
- Ten proofreading symbols in a different color (use a thesaurus and dictionary to improve your word choice and spelling)–this is self-editing only; no peer-editing
- A final draft that’s at least five paragraphs long
- A six traits form (they’re in the make-up work center, in one of the language arts boxes)
You’ll need to set an official appointment to come in at lunch or after school to make up the day you lost, if you were absent. This is not a take-home test. Remember that the quarter ends on Friday, November 4, 2011, and Mrs. Sparhawk needs enough time to get the test graded before the end of the quarter, so please do not delay in setting an appointment to finish the make-up test. Thank you for your understanding about the time constraint.