Any time you’ve been gone, you need to ask Mrs. Webmaster if she took grades on the D.O.L. assignments. If so, go get a D.O.L. make-up sheet from the make-up work center, take it home, edit it, and turn it in. Remember that Mrs. Webmaster’s hand is her in-box; NEVER leave make-up work on her desk.
Monday, Feb. 4:
- Please take the time to write assignments in your agenda. You’ll notice we will be given new vocabulary words this week. You can find the definitions on the “Vocabulary Lists” page, right here on ClipBoards. Extra vocabulary sheets are in the Monday box.
- We worked on our career essays today. You need to have a first draft finished by Wednesday, if you wish to participate in the Koosh Ball game.
Tuesday, Feb. 5:
- We defined five of our vocabulary words today. You can find the definitions on the “Vocabulary Lists” page, right here on ClipBoards.
- We also finished writing the first draft of our career essays. Anyone who doesn’t have a finished essay on Wednesday will not be allowed to play the Koosh ball game. The first draft of your essay must be complete by Thursday at the very latest.
Wednesday, Feb. 6: Everyone who was done writing the first draft of their essay was allowed to play the Koosh Ball game today. This is a review of the parts of speech, so if you were gone, I suggest you visit English Emporium. Take the time to review your parts of speech there.
Thursday, Feb. 7:
- We defined five more of our vocabulary words today. You can find the definitions on the “Vocabulary Lists” page, right here on ClipBoards.
- Now that we’ve finished writing the first draft of our essays, we’re using our skills with a thesaurus to self-edit our first drafts. Mrs. Webmaster would like to see that each student has changed 5 to 10 of their own words (improving word choice) using a red colored pencil.
Friday, Feb. 8:
- We finished defining our vocabulary words today. You can find the definitions on the “Vocabulary Lists” page, right here on ClipBoards.
- We also finished self-editing our essays today. Do you need more time to self-edit (using a thesaurus to improve your choice of words)? Set an official appointment to come in at lunch on Monday.
For free teacher handouts, educational videos, Powerpoints, and a free grammar guide for students, please visit my sister website, English Emporium.