If you’re absent this week, you’ll need to make up your missing word cards (which you can download using this link). If you fill out a word card sheet completely, please turn it in and get another from the reading boxes in the make-up work center at the back of the classroom.
No stickers were given this week.
Monday, March 11:
- Word card = contrast
- We went to the library today to renew our historical fiction books. Remember that the historical fiction book report form will be due on March 15th.
- We finished reading the very ending of our book, Treasure Island, today. The test is scheduled to take place on March 19, 20, and 21. Be sure and read the ending between now and then (by coming in at lunch, after school, or during our library time).
- No journal is given on a library day, but the teacher gave everyone the book report form. Extra copies are in the make-up work center.
Tuesday, March 12: The whole class was on a field trip today. There’s no make-up work.
Wednesday, March 13:
- Word card = compare
- Today our teacher handed out a study guide. Extra copies are found in the make-up work center. We worked all hour to fill out these study guides, which can be used on the test. If you need extra time to fill out your study guide, please set an appointment to come in at lunch (with another teacher, but you can borrow a copy of Treasure Island).
Thursday, March 14:
- Word card = fact
- Today we continued to work on our study guide. This study guide can be used on the test. If you need extra time to fill out your study guide, please set an appointment to come in at lunch (with another teacher, but you can borrow a copy of Treasure Island).
Friday, March 15: There was no class today due to Fun Friday, however, you must turn in your book report form for the historical fiction book you’ve been reading. There will be a guest teacher in class on Monday. DO NOT give your book report form to the guest teacher! Wait until your teacher returns to school!
If you’d like a hard or digital copy of the handouts I’ve created for this and other classes I teach, please visit the “blog” section of my sister website, English Emporium.