If you’re an English teacher, librarian, or homeschooling mom looking for free handouts (including my snowflake-shaped poem assignment, rhyme table, and other teacher tools, I recommend visiting EnglishEmporium, which offers free graphic organizers, lesson ideas, vocabulary lists and more, in weekly blog posts).
In addition to teaching English, I’m a YA author. I’m represented by Elizabeth Kracht of Kimberley Cameron & Associates. If you’d like to contact me, please leave a comment on this blog. I screen my comments carefully for the safety and well-being of my students who visit this website daily.
Here are a few interesting facts about me:
- I’ve walked away from several “emergency landings” in my father’s airplane.
- I own a pair of striped socks.
- I’m lactose intolerant and I can’t eat gluten (wheat).
- When I was seven, I ate canned cat food on a dare. It tastes a lot like it smells: kind of fishy.
- My great-great grandparents died aboard the Titanic. For reals.
- I’ve been known to do some fencing from time to time.